Wednesday, June 1, 2011

How HOT are you?

Seriously?  95 degree weather but the heat index feels like at least 100.....on June 1st!  Are you kidding me? Although I consider June, July and August summertime; summer doesn't "really" start until June 21st. You would know the summer that I am pregnant is the hottest summer that we've had in probably a decade.  Or at least it's starting out that way.  Any of you ladies that have been pregnant in the summer know exactly what I am talking about.  Everyone else take the hottest day you can remember (for me that would be today) and multiple it by 10.  That's how hot it feels to the pregnant girl!  Being raised in the South I am no wimp or stranger to the heat.  We are use to hot summers that seem never ending with high humidity.  However, when pregnant I blow up like a blowfish.  Yes, I get fat but that's not what I'm talking about.....I swell.  I've not yet figured out why.  I'm not sure if my children like to torment me from the womb, if it's genetic or if possibly God is punishing me for sins of the past!  All I know is that it's insane!  And even though I didn't swell as quickly with Joey (no, not his name....just a nickname that he has been tagged with until we finally decide on a real name) the heat has intensified it.  So it looks to me like it's going to be one long hot summer. How many more days until September 27th?

Hugs,
Keely

No comments:

Post a Comment